Controller Menu Item. Create From Icon Method
Some information relates to prerelease product that may be substantially modified before it’s released. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided here.
public: static RadialControllerMenuItem ^ CreateFromIcon(Platform::String ^ displayText, RandomAccessStreamReference ^ icon);
static RadialControllerMenuItem CreateFromIcon(winrt::hstring const& displayText, RandomAccessStreamReference const& icon);
public static RadialControllerMenuItem CreateFromIcon(string displayText, RandomAccessStreamReference icon);
function createFromIcon(displayText, icon)
Public Shared Function CreateFromIcon (displayText As String, icon As RandomAccessStreamReference) As RadialControllerMenuItem
The text string to display for the custom tool.
The custom icon to display for the custom tool.
The custom tool.
RadialController menu operations, including CreateFromKnownIcon, CreateFromIcon, CreateFromFontGlyph, CreateFromFontGlyph, ResetToDefaultMenuItems, SetDefaultMenuItems, and TrySelectDefaultMenuItem, should be performed on the UI thread. Doing so in a background worker thread can cause issues with event handlers on the UI thread.
UX guidelines for the Surface Dial recommend the following:
- Names should be short to fit inside the central circle of the wheel menu
- Names should clearly identify the primary action (a complementary action can be implied)
- Scroll indicates the effect of both rotation directions
- Undo specifies a primary action, but redo (the complementary action) can be inferred and easily discovered by the user
- Provide a high-quality 64 x 64 pixel PNG image (44 x 44 is the smallest supported)
- Ensure the background is transparent
- The icon should fill most of the image
- A white icon should have a black outline to be visible in high contrast mode
Submit and view feedback for