Introducing Microsoft Viva Insights
Microsoft Viva Insights is part of Microsoft Viva. Microsoft Viva brings together communications, knowledge, learning, resources, and insights into an employee experience that integrates seamlessly into the apps you use every day, such as Microsoft Teams.
Personal insights include a Microsoft Teams and web app, along with web features and tools, that help people and businesses thrive with data-driven, privacy-protected insights and recommendations to improve productivity and wellbeing.
Core Viva Insights
Core Viva Insights features come with the MyAnalytics (Full) and Insights by MyAnalytics service plans.
Get personal insights that only you can see. Insights, like those in the Viva Insights app and in a Briefing email in Outlook, help you learn about how you work and what you might change to do your best work. Get useful recommendations, such as protecting time in the day for regular breaks, focused work, and learning that help improve wellbeing and boost productivity.
Viva Insights consists of the following elements.
- Viva Insights in Microsoft Teams and on the web – Provides you personalized recommendations within your Microsoft Teams app and on the web that can help you build better work habits, such as following through on commitments made to collaborators and protecting focus time in the day for uninterrupted, individual work.
- Viva Insights Outlook add-in – Provides you with actionable insights in Outlook that help you stay on top of your tasks and get more done.
- Briefing emails – Within two hours of your workday, you'll get an email about any relevant items to help you stay in control of your calendar and better prepare for the day ahead.
- Digest emails – Gives you key highlights about your work patterns in a digest email in your Outlook inbox.
- Inline suggestions – These brief, data- and AI-driven notifications appear in Outlook while you are either reading or composing an email or a meeting invitation.
Personal insights distributions
The elements of Viva Insights are available in varying levels to users of different Microsoft 365 and Office 365 plans. To see which plans include Viva Insights and Viva Insights in Outlook, see Personal insights plans and environments.
By adhering to the following guidelines, Viva Insights protect employee privacy and support compliance with local regulations:
- Viva Insights is not designed to enable employee evaluation, tracking, automated decision making, profiling, or monitoring.
- Viva Insights does not give employees access to new personally identifiable information on other coworkers.
- Viva Insights data is processed and stored in the employee’s Exchange Online mailbox.
- Viva Insights supports General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance.
- Viva Insights can be configured so that individuals must purposefully opt in.
- Viva Insights reminds people that their data is private and secure.
For more information, see Viva Insights privacy guide.
Team insights give much-needed visibility into work habits that might lead to burnout and stress. These habits include regular after-hours work, meeting overload, or too little focus time. Team members can use these insights to help their teams strike a balance between productivity and wellbeing. They can also learn how their habits impact their team while getting suggestions on how to foster team culture.
Premium Viva Insights
Premium Viva Insights features are available to users when they have a MyAnalytics (Full) or Insights by MyAnalytics service plan, plus a premium subscription. They'll also have access to the features listed in Core Viva Insights. Keep in mind that Microsoft 365 admins need to assign the correct roles for users to access these premium features.
Organization insights help qualifying managers and business leaders see how their work culture is affecting aspects of employee wellbeing and productivity. They can use the recommendations on insights and report pages to see opportunities where a change could improve their business outcomes.
Similar to organization insights, advanced insights can also help business leaders address critical questions about organizational resiliency and work culture with insight into how work impacts their people and their business. Leaders can see opportunities where a change in process could improve business outcomes and take steps to protect employee wellbeing.
View our Data privacy article to learn how Viva Insights complies with applicable laws and regulations and how to protect and keep personal data private.
- Microsoft Viva Insights Community - An online community where you can connect, learn, and discuss with Viva Insights experts and peers.