Viva digest emails
If you're a subscriber of Microsoft Viva Insights, you will receive informative emails on the following occasions:
- Up to four weeks after being assigned a license, you'll receive a welcome message that introduces the service.
- Twice a month, you'll receive a digest email that summarizes data about your work patterns and ways to improve them.
Up to four weeks after the admin assigns you a license, you'll receive a Welcome message from Microsoft Viva in your Outlook inbox.
You do not receive the Welcome digest outside of your work week. For example, if necessary, the delivery is delayed to Monday to keep it from being delivered during a weekend.
Applies to: Microsoft Viva elements are available in varying levels for the different Microsoft 365 and Office 365 plans. See Plans and environments for details.
As a Microsoft Viva licensed user, you'll receive a digest with suggestions to help you better understand your work patterns and improve your wellbeing and productivity. This digest is a notification generated by the system and delivered to your Outlook inbox twice a month. You can tell it's the digest email from Microsoft Viva when the subject line starts with "Your Digest" and the sender is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digest emails include insights about some of the following work patterns:
- Focus - Find ways to increase your focus hours, so you can accomplish deep work and unleash your creativity.
- Wellbeing - See if you're getting good balance between work and personal time, then find ways to disconnect and unwind after hours.
- Network - See who's in your network and make sure you're keeping up with important contacts and relationships.
- Collaboration - Get tips on how to plan your calendar, spend less time in low-quality meetings, and write more effective emails.
- Team insights - If you're a team lead or manager with a Microsoft Viva Insights license, you'll also see insights about your team and suggestions on how to help improve or maintain your team's wellbeing and effectiveness.
Only you can see your data. See the Privacy guide for details.
The following shows an example of what you might see in a digest email:
Opt out of digests
If you want to stop getting digest emails from Microsoft Viva, select Unsubscribe near the end of the email. You can also opt out through your Viva Insights app in Teams on the web. Go to Settings > Privacy, toggle the switch for Viva Digest Email from On to Off, then select Save changes.
After you select Unsubscribe, confirm you are opting out for the correct email address. If the email address is not yours or is incorrect, this will not unsubscribe your correct email.
Why am I still receiving the digest?
If you have multiple Microsoft 365 emails, you might be getting the digest for a different email address than the one you unsubscribed with. Confirm that the email address at the bottom of your digest email is the same as the one on the Unsubscribe page.
Opt back in
After you opt out from digest emails, you can opt back in at any time. In your Viva Insights app in Teams or on the web, go to Settings > Privacy, toggle the switch for Viva Digest Email from On to Off, then select Save changes.