Windows UI Library 2.8
WinUI 2.8 is the latest stable release of the Windows UI Library (WinUI) for UWP applications (and desktop applications using XAML Islands).
For more information on building Windows desktop and UWP apps with the latest version of WinUI 3, see Windows UI Library 3.
WinUI is hosted in the Windows UI Library repo on GitHub where we welcome bug reports, feature requests, and community code contributions.
WinUI packages can be added to Visual Studio projects through the NuGet package manager. For more information, see Getting started with the Windows UI 2 Library.
- WebView2 is now available in WinUI 2. WebView2 enables you to embed web content in native applications with Microsoft Edge (Chromium). Check out Get started with WebView2 in WinUI 2 (UWP) apps for more info for how to use it in your app.
- The minimum supported version of WinUI 2 is now Windows 10, version 1809 - build 17763.
- Several bug fixes and improvements for a range of controls including TabView, NavigationView, InfoBadge, and ProgressRing.
- Improvements to accessibility and high contrast mode.
- AnimatedVisualPlayer.AnimationOptimization property to configure how animations are cached in an AnimatedVisualPlayer. See Configuring Animation Playback for info for how to use it in your app.
For more info, design guidance, and code examples, see Design and code Windows apps.
The WinUI 3 Gallery and WinUI 2 Gallery apps include interactive examples of most WinUI 3 and WinUI 2 controls, features, and functionality.
You can also get the source code for both from GitHub (use the main branch for WinUI 3 and the winui2 branch for WinUI 2).
- See our Notable Changes list for many of the GitHub issues addressed in this release.