Windows Search is a desktop search platform that has instant search capabilities for most common file and data types such as email, contacts, calendar appointments, documents, photos, multimedia, and other formats that can be extended by third party developers. These capabilities enable users to find, manage, and organize the increasing amount of data common in home and enterprise environments.
In this section
- Windows Search Overview
- Windows Search Developer's Guide
- Windows Search Reference
- Windows Search Code Samples
- Related Search Technologies
- Federated Search in Windows
- Windows Search Glossary
- For community-supported question and discussion message boards on Search technologies, see MSDN Forum: Windows Desktop Search Development.
- To download the Search Code Samples:
- To download the Windows SDK: