SAP NetWeaver 3-tier multi SID (A)SCS (managed disks)
This template is one of three templates for a 3-tier Multi SID SAP depoyment.
It takes a minimum amount of parameters and deploys a VM that is customized for use with SAP NetWeaver, using the latest patched version of the selected operating system. This is a template for a 3-tier Multi SID configuration. It deploys 1 (no HA) or 2 (HA) ASCS/SCS servers on which multiple ASCS/SCS instances for multiple SAP system can be deployed. In case of a HA deployment, the ASCS/SCS servers are placed in an Availability Set and a Load Balancer is added to the ASCS/SCS servers to allow HA configurations in the operating system (e.g. Windows Failover Cluster). This template uses Managed Disks.
ASCS/SCS Internal Load Balancer ports
The template deploys one Azure Loadbalancer that supports multiple SAP systems.
- The ASCS instances are configured for instance number 00, 10, 20...
- The SCS instances are configured for instance number 01, 11, 21...
- The ASCS ERS (Linux only) instances are configured for instance number 02, 12, 22...
- The SCS ERS (Linux only) instances are configured for instance number 03, 13, 23...
The Load Balancer contains 1 (2 for Linux) VIP(s), 1x VIP for ASCS/SCS and 1x VIP for ERS (Linux only)
The following list contains all load balancing rules (where x is the number of the SAP system, e.g. 1,2,3...)
- Windows specific ports for every SAP System 445, 5985
- ASCS Ports (instance number x0): 32x0, 36x0, 39x0, 81x0, 5x013, 5x014, 5x016
- SCS Ports (instance number x1): 32x1, 33x1, 39x1, 81x1, 5x113, 5x114, 5x116
- ASCS ERS ports on Linux (instance number x2): 33x2, 5x213, 5x214, 5x216
- SCS ERS ports on Linux (instance number x3): 33x3, 5x313, 5x314, 5x316
The Load Balancer will be configured to use the following probe ports (where x is the number of the SAP system, e.g. 1,2,3...)
ASCS/SCS Internal Load Balancer probe port: 620x0 ERS Internal Load Balancer probe port (Linux only): 621x2
Virtual Machine configuration
|SAP System count||HA||Non-HA|
|2-3 (Small)||2xDS2_v2 ASCS/SCS Server (1xP10 per SAP System)||1xDS2_v2 ASCS/SCS Server (1xP10 per SAP System)|
|4-7 (Medium)||2xDS3_v2 ASCS/SCS Server (1xP10 per SAP System)||1xDS3_v2 ASCS/SCS Server (1xP10 per SAP System)|
|8-10 (Large)||2xDS4_v2 ASCS/SCS Server (1xP10 per SAP System)||1xDS4_v2 ASCS/SCS Server (1xP10 per SAP System)|
Tags: Microsoft.Network/networkSecurityGroups, Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks, Microsoft.Compute/availabilitySets, Microsoft.Network/publicIPAddresses, Microsoft.Resources/deployments, Microsoft.Network/networkInterfaces, Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines, Microsoft.Network/loadBalancers