Microsoft Dynamics 365 App for Outlook is missing from Microsoft Dynamics 365 navigation
This article provides a solution to an issue where Microsoft Dynamics 365 App for Outlook is missing from Microsoft Dynamics 365 navigation.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics 365
Original KB number: 4339287
You're unable to find the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook option under Settings in your Dynamics 365 organization.
It can be the result of customization to your navigation menu (sitemap). A customization can be applied from a solution or an administrator could have explicitly edited the sitemap xml, or used the sitemap designer to remove it.
You can add the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook option under Settings by editing the sitemap within the sitemap designer:
- Access your Dynamics 365 organization as a user with the System Administrator or System Customer role.
- Navigate to Settings, Customization, and then select Customize the System.
- Select Client Extensions, select Sitemap, and then select Edit.
- Select the Settings area.
- Select the System group.
- Select + Add and then select Subarea.
- Select the Type dropdown and select URL.
- Copy and paste the following value into the URL field:
- In the Title field, type Dynamics 365 App for Outlook.
- For the Icon option, select the following option if it's available or select the default icon or any other icon:
- Use the following value for the ID value: crmapp_outlook
- Select Save and then select Publish.
- Close the sitemap designer
- Within the Solution dialog, select Publish All Customizations.
- Sign out and log back into the organization.
To directly access the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook page used for deploying the app, append the following text to your Dynamics 365 URL: