Microsoft Store app does not open from Internet Explorer print menu on Windows 8.1
The retired, out-of-support Internet Explorer 11 desktop application has been permanently disabled through a Microsoft Edge update on certain versions of Windows 10. For more information, see Internet Explorer 11 desktop app retirement FAQ.
This article helps you work around the problem where the Microsoft Store device app does not open.
Applies to: Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Pro
Original KB number: 3079382
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Windows 8.1-based system that has a third-party Microsoft Store device app installed.
- The system has a custom paper form.
- You open Internet Explorer and try to print a webpage through the Charms menu (Devices > Print).
- You select the printer for which the custom paper form is set.
- When the Internet Explorer print menu appears, you select More Settings to start the Microsoft Store device app.
In this scenario, the Microsoft Store device app does not open. Instead, the Internet Explorer print menu reappears.
The Microsoft Store device app does not open because of an incorrect size calculation in Internet Explorer.
This is a known issue with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer.
To work around this issue, reduce the margins of the custom paper form to increase the printable area.