Custom reports in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 render differently post-Update Rollup 12
This article helps you fix an issue in which custom reports render differently in Internet Explorer after installing Update Rollup 12 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Original KB number: 2864250
Custom reports created for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 may render differently in Internet Explorer after installing Update Rollup 12 and beyond. The generated report may include the following issues following the update:
- Additional space between words.
- Numbered lists that don't increase.
- Duplicated fixed data headers.
- Cutoff text at the base of the report.
These issues can occur due to changes made in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 after Update Rollup 12 that affect the way some pages are rendered. In some scenarios, Internet Explorer may use a newer Browser Mode and/or Document Mode, which may affect scripting functions and formatting.
To resolve the issue, the following steps can be employed:
- In the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 navigation pane, click Settings.
- Click Administration, and then click System Settings.
- In System Settings, navigate to the Customization tab and uncheck the Load pages in the most recent version of Internet Explorer option.
Additionally, the report itself can be edited to conform to modern browser capabilities.