Support limitations for issues with Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise or Microsoft 365 Apps for business
When you request support through the Microsoft 365 admin center for issues when using Microsoft 365 Apps, there are limitations to the support that is available. The Microsoft 365 Apps which include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Publisher, and Visio might have been purchased individually or as part of a Microsoft 365 service plan.
Microsoft 365 subscription support
Microsoft 365 subscription support primarily covers break-fix issues, which are technical problems that you experience while using Microsoft 365 Apps. "Break-fix" is an industry term, which refers to "work involved in supporting a technology when it fails in the normal course of its function, which requires intervention by a support organization to be restored to working order."
Microsoft 365 subscription support doesn't cover the following issues:
- Customer proposals for product features
- Onsite support
- Root cause analysis (investigation of the cause of the issue)
- Ensure third-party products or hardware work correctly with Microsoft 365 Apps
- Data recovery
- Write, review, or debug customer code
- Developer support for Office add-ins, Visual Basic applications, Microsoft Access, or Publisher
- Extensive troubleshooting of performance issues
- Extensive troubleshooting when a product stops responding or crashes
Customers who desire this level of support should evaluate Unified Support.
Other support options
No-cost technical support
You can use forums to get more help from the user community at no cost to you. Because the forums are monitored and maintained by the general community, the response time may vary. If an urgent response isn't necessary, posting to a forum is a good approach.
Browse in these forums and consider submitting a post:
No-cost Office Developer support
For SharePoint support, see SharePoint Dev open source on GitHub.
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community.
We love reading your suggestions and other feedback! Share your thoughts. We're listening.