This article is a solution idea. If you'd like us to expand the content with more information, such as potential use cases, alternative services, implementation considerations, or pricing guidance, let us know by providing GitHub feedback.
Easily tier data and applications on-premises and in Azure, with architecture that supports greater efficiency in applications. Filter unnecessary data early in the process, easily bring cloud applications close to the data on-premises, and analyze large scale aggregate data from multiple locations in Azure, for fleet-level insights.
Potential use cases
Organizations utilize tiered applications because they provide:
- The ability to update the technology stack of one tier, without impacting other areas of the application.
- Development teams work on their own areas of expertise.
- Able to scale the application.
- Adds reliability and more independence of the underlying servers or services.
Download a Visio file of this architecture.
- Data flows into a storage account.
- Function on Azure Stack analyzes the data for anomalies or compliance.
- Locally relevant insights are displayed on the Azure Stack app.
- Insights and anomalies are placed into a queue.
- The bulk of the data is placed into an archive storage account.
- Function sends data from queue to Azure Storage.
- Globally relevant and compliant insights are available in the global app.
- Storage: Durable, highly available, and massively scalable cloud storage
- Azure Functions: Process events with serverless code
- Azure Stack: Build and run innovative hybrid applications across cloud boundaries