Impact of AI (writing unbiased queries)
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is becoming increasingly accessible, and humans are constantly finding new applications for it. People have mixed opinions about what AI will mean for our future. While many are optimistic about its capabilities, there are also concerns about its impact on employment and privacy, among other things. You decide to learn more online.
- Modify search queries to find diverse perspectives on controversial topics
- Explore predictions about AI's impact on our future
Questions to think about:
- What are some of the potential benefits and challenges associated with increased AI use?
- How do we construct a search that returns diverse perspectives?
- Are predictions facts or opinions?
- Open Search Coach.
- Enter [will AI make the future better] in the search bar and run your search. Scan your results and select a few to read more deeply. Do they appear biased in any way? What does the search tip say about this search?
- Try updating your query with an operator. Enter [AI AND impact].
- How have your results changed? How do you think the phrasing changed your results?
- To get a variety of opinions, try typing [future of AI debate].
- Are there articles rated by NewsGuard? Do they all say the same thing?
Think about it
- When might you want to search for opinions?
- How do we identify reliable information when there are diverse perspectives?
- Why is it important to get a set of balanced opinions from online sources?