If you are responsible for financial reporting, then follow along with this module to learn how to set up dimensions. Dimensions are used to group posted entries for reporting purposes. Dimensions can be used throughout Business Central on entries in journals, documents, and budgets. Additionally, dimensions offer more extensive analysis and reporting functionalities.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Set up dimensions and dimension values.
- Enter dimensions manually in sales and purchase documents.
- Set up global and shortcut dimensions.
- Assign default dimensions to accounts.
- Prioritize default dimensions of certain account types.
- Block dimension combinations.
Basic understanding of how to navigate the Dynamics 365 Business Central application and of the chart of accounts