Create SQL AvailabilityGroup listener on existing Always ON setup.
Before deploying the template you must have the following
- AlwaysON setup Always ON setup must exist as created by azure-quickstart-templates/101-sql-vm-ag-setup. This will include the VMs over which the setup was done.
- SQL Availability Group SQL Availability Group must have been created over the Always ON setup. No existing listener should be present for the SQL Availability Group.
- LoadBalancer Internal load balancer in same location as VMs.
- CNO permissions The CNO (COmputer object for Cluster name) should have Create Computer object permissions in the OU it is placed in.
Tags: Azure, SQL, VirtualMachine, AlwaysON, Listener, Microsoft.SqlVirtualMachine/SqlVirtualMachineGroups/availabilityGroupListeners
Solution overview and deployed resources
This deployment will create an AG listener for a SQL Availability Group. This will also setup Load balancer rules corresponding to the Listener. Following resources will be created
- SQL Availability Group Listener for the provided AG.
- Load balancer rules that will enable Listner to work in Azure.
- Resource of type "AvailabilityGroupListener" in Microsoft.SqlVirtualMachine resource provider.