Fail to list Excel Online tables retrieving values
This article provides a resolution for the issue that an API error could not retrieve values, error executing the API occur when creating an Excel trigger flow.
Applies to: Power Automate
Original KB number: 4534996
Creating an Excel trigger flow using, for example, the "request approval for a selected row" template, browsing to the workbook in OneDrive works but the template does not list the tables in the excel file, but gives an API error could not retrieve values, error executing the API.
This error may occur due to OneDrive IP permissions.
To resolve this issue:
- Check permissions in OneDrive.
- Make sure to use OneDrive connector for OneDrive and OneDrive for Business connector for OneDrive for Business.
- If permission error is received while running the flow, change IP restrictions in OneDrive.
- Move the file to another group folder.
- If unable to run the flow but table picker works, create the flow from scratch and try running it again.
For more information, see the following articles:
- Control access based on network location or app
- Limits for automated, scheduled, and instant flows
- OneDrive for Business
See related article: