Continue your learning journey: Exciting new certifications and training experience on Microsoft Learn
Posted 4 Nov 2019 by Alex Payne, GM, Global Technical Learning at Microsoft Worldwide Learning
Last year, to help equip individuals for positions in an ever-changing tech environment, we shifted from product-based to role-based training and certifications based on industry-recognized skill sets. Since then, we’ve launched new training and certifications covering an expanded list of job roles across Microsoft Azure, Modern Workplace, and Business Applications. We’ve also introduced 23 new certifications, validating a range of skill levels from foundational to deep technical.
Now, as we promised this past January and detailed in the blog post, “Catching up: continuing our journey with new role-based certifications and training,” we’re excited to announce that we’re expanding yet again, this time with a new certification type and eight new certifications. We’ve also improved the user experience on Microsoft Learn, making it easier for you to find relevant content and facilitate your path to certification.
What’s new with Microsoft Certifications?
In addition to the existing fundamentals and role-based certification types, we’ve added a third type—specialty. Specialty certifications validate deep technical skills and the ability to manage industry solutions, including third-party solutions, on or with Microsoft platforms. In fact, the first specialty certification, Microsoft Certified: Azure for SAP Workloads Specialty, launches today! Customizable training to support this certification will be offered by Microsoft Learning Partners, and free digital training will be offered on Microsoft Learn next month.
Here are eight additions to our continually expanding list of certifications:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure for SAP Workloads Specialty
- Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Power Apps + Dynamics 365 Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Solution Architect Expert (exam in beta December 2019)
- Microsoft Certified: Power Apps + Dynamics 365 Solution Architect Expert (exam in beta December 2019)
Skill up faster with Microsoft Learn’s new experience
Microsoft Learn offers diverse resources to help you skill up and we continue to invest in improving your journey as a learner. First, the Microsoft Learn site design is getting updated to help you navigate more easily and quickly. Starting with the home page, find relevant content including what’s trending in the community, helping you learn faster while keeping up with changing skills that are in demand.
We’re also launching a new feature, collections, allowing you to curate content to develop personalized learning plans; create and manage collections of Microsoft Learn modules and easily share them with others. Learning facilitators and company leads, too, will find this new capability valuable because it enables them to create a custom plan and share it with teams or new hires. To get started, log in to Microsoft Learn and start bookmarking your favorite modules, then share away.
And as a part of our continuing investment in improving your learning experience, we’re moving certification information to Microsoft Learn, making it easier to find relevant content and choose the best learning approach to support you during your certification journey – whether that’s free online training and hands-on labs offered by Microsoft Learn, or instructor-led classroom training offered by Microsoft Learning Partners.
We’re excited about these new releases and improved changes to Microsoft training and certification offerings, helping you skill up in job roles to meet the market demand. Get started with Microsoft Learn and continue your learning journey, achieve your Microsoft Certification, and get recognized and stay ahead. We’re committed to this ongoing evolution, so we’re already working on the next round of expansion and improvements. More to come!
- Are you a Microsoft 365 Developer? It's Time to be Certified
- Are you a Microsoft 365 Teams Administrator? Now, You Can Prove It
- Do you Implement Azure for SAP Workloads? We've got something for you
- Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals Beta Exam Now Available
- Catching up: continuing our journey with new role-based certifications and training
- Skill up and stand out, with new role-based training and certification!