Problem with the deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing application
This article provides a resolution for the problem with deployment error that occurs when deploying Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing application.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Marketing
Original KB number: 4558059
There was a problem with deployment. Restart the setup process to try again error message occurs in First Run Experience for deploying Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing application.
One of the reasons why First Run Experience for deploying Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing application could lead to the error is when change tracking is not enabled for some required for logical entity name(s) on your Microsoft Dynamics CRM organization where you are deploying the Marketing application.
If you are a system customizer or admin, then you can find the setting to enable Change tracking by doing the following:
- Open the Settings menu at the top of the page and select Advanced settings. The advanced-settings area then opens in a new browser tab. Note that this area uses a horizontal navigator at the top of the page instead of a side navigator.
- Navigate to Settings > Customization > Customization.
- Select Customize the system (or select Solutions and open a solution if your entity is part of a solution).
- Find and select the entity you want to sync.
- On the General tab for the entity, select the Change tracking check box.
- Save and publish the change.
Retry the deployment from first run experience URL after Change tracking is enabled for all the required entities.