Blank page appears within Microsoft Dynamics App for Outlook
This article provides a solution to an issue where a blank page appears when you use the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook on Outlook desktop.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Original KB number: 4091345
When attempting to use the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook on Outlook desktop, you see a blank page instead of the application loading as expected.
Cause 1: It can occur if not all of the URLs used to authenticate and access Dynamics 365 are in the same Internet Explorer security zone.
Cause 2: It can occur if the LocalLow folder has an incorrect integrity level. The correct setting is to have the integrity level set to low as the folder name indicates.
Cause 3: This issue can occur if an issue is cached in Internet Explorer or Edge. If it was previously working but quit working recently, it's most likely the cause.
Cause 4: Microsoft is aware of an issue that can occur under the following conditions:
- You're using Windows 10 with update 1903 or higher.
- Your organization is configured to use Dynamics 365 Online with Exchange on-premises.
- You're using Office 365 ProPlus with a version before 1910.
Use the steps in "Something went wrong during sign-in" error using Dynamics 365 App for Outlook to verify each of the necessary URLs are in the same Internet Explorer security zone.
- Open a command prompt.
- Run the following command:
icacls %userprofile%\Appdata\LocalLow /t /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)L
If you're using Office 365 version 16.0.11629 and Windows 10 version 1903 or later, follow these steps as Office Add-ins are now using Microsoft Edge WebView for Office Add-ins:
- Install Microsoft Edge DevTools Preview.
- In Outlook, launch the Dynamics 365 app for Outlook.
- Run Microsoft Edge DevTools Preview.
- You should see Dynamics 365 (EXP) as a debug target.
- Select it to launch the F12 tools.
- Go to the Console tab.
- Run: window.localStorage.clear().
- Open the app again in Outlook.
If you're using early versions of Office 365 and Windows, use the steps in Troubleshooting errors when attempting to open Dynamics 365 App for Outlook to clear your Internet Explorer cache.
If you're using a Mac, see Clearing the Office application's cache on a Mac.
If the conditions mentioned in Cause 4 are true, install Version 1910: October 30 or later that includes a fix for this type of issue.