A user doesn't appear in the All Eligible Users list within the Microsoft Dynamics 365 App for Outlook area
This article provides a solution to an issue where a user doesn't appear in the All Eligible Users list when viewing the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook section within Settings.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics 365
Original KB number: 4345543
When viewing the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook section within Settings, a user doesn't appear in the All Eligible Users list.
The user doesn't have a security role assigned that includes the Use Dynamics 365 App for Outlook privilege
Dynamics 365 App for Outlook is supported for User mailboxes. Queue mailboxes aren't supported.
The user isn't configured to use Server-Side Synchronization for Incoming Emails.
Verify the user has at least one Dynamics 365 security role assigned which includes the Use Dynamics 365 App for Outlook privilege.
The Use Dynamics 365 App for Outlook privilege is located on the Business Management tab of a security role within the Privacy Related Privileges section.
For more information about how to assign a security role, see Assign a security role to a user. For information about creating or modifying a security role, see Create or edit a security role to manage access.
Verify the user's mailbox record in Dynamics 365 is configured to use Server-Side Synchronization for Incoming Email and the mailbox is Tested and Enabled successfully.
- Access Dynamics 365 as a user with the System Administrator role.
- Navigate to Settings and then select Email Configuration.
- Select Mailboxes and then change the view to Active Mailboxes.
- Locate and open the mailbox record for the user.
- Verify the Incoming Email option is set to Server-Side Synchronization or Email Router.
- If the Incoming Email Status doesn't already show as Success, select Test & Enable Mailbox and make sure to select the checkbox that appears in the dialog.
- If the mailbox tests don't succeed, review the messages in the Alerts section. If an alert includes a Learn More link, select this link for more details.