An error occurs when trying to save a folder-level tracking mapping in Microsoft Dynamics 365
This article provides a resolution for the issue that you may receive an error when trying to save a folder-level tracking mapping in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Online
Original KB number: 4510948
When you try to save a folder-level tracking mapping in Microsoft Dynamics 365, you encounter the following error:
An error occurred while saving the Exchange folder and Dynamics 365 mappings.
This error can occur if the user does not have sufficient privileges for the Mailbox Auto Tracking Folder entity.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Access the Microsoft Dynamics 365 web application as a user with the System Administrator security role.
- Navigate to Settings, Security, Security Roles.
- Open the security role assigned to the user encountering this issue.
- Select the Business Management tab.
- Verify the role includes User level access for Create, Read, Write, and Append on the Mailbox Auto Tracking Folder entity.
- Select the Save button.