Error message when attempting to send tracked email message to another user in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
This article helps you the problem that occurs when you attempt to send a tracked email message by using the Microsoft CRM 2011 for Outlook client to another CRM user.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Original KB number: 2639569
You may receive an error message when attempting to send a tracked email message using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Outlook client to another Microsoft Dynamics CRM user:
The owner of this queue does not have sufficient privileges to work with the queue. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
This is caused due to the user that is in the recipient line of the email message not having the privReadQueue permission applied to their security role.
To resolve the error message, apply the privReadQueue permission to any user in CRM that may receive tracked email messages.
- In the CRM web client, click Settings, click Administration, click Users.
- Select the user that needs to be updated and click Edit.
- Click to select Security Roles.
- Click to open the appropriate Security Role.
- Click Core Records tab to see the details.
- Find Queue in the list and apply Read permissions by clicking the circle in the appropriate column. At a miminum user level permission is required.
- Click Save and Close.
By adjusting the Security Role for a user, it will also apply the change to all users that have the same Security Role applied to their user account
Each click will increment the security level until it is at Organization level (full green), clicking beyond that point will return the security level to none