Add authentication and manage user identities in your mobile apps
Having a view of the user and their behavior across your application empowers developers to better engage users by creating tailored experiences for them. Whether you're an application developer who is building a collaboration application for users inside your organization or you're creating the next social network platform, you need a way to authenticate users and manage user identities. An identity management service is one of the most important features of a mobile back-end service.
Use the following services to enable user authentication in your mobile apps.
Azure Active Directory B2C
Azure AD B2C is a business-to-consumer (B2C) identity management service that developers can use to authenticate their customers. This white-label service lets developers customize and control how users securely interact with their web, desktop, mobile, or single-page applications. Using Azure AD B2C, users can sign up, sign in, reset passwords, and edit profiles. Azure AD B2C implements a form of the OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0 protocols.
Azure Active Directory B2C features
- Securely authenticate customers with their preferred identity provider.
- Manage customer identity and access.
- Gain sign-in support for social media such as Facebook, GitHub, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, WeChat, and Weibo.
- Connect to your user accounts by using industry standard protocols, such as OpenID Connect or SAML, to make identity management possible on a variety of platforms.
- Provide branded registration and sign-in experiences.
- Easily integrate with CRM databases, marketing analytics tools, and account verification systems.
- Capture sign-in, preference, and conversion data for customers.
Azure Active Directory B2C references
Microsoft Entra ID
Microsoft Entra ID is Microsoft's cloud-based identity and access management service, which helps your employees to sign in and gain access to:
- External resources, such as Microsoft 365, the Azure portal, and thousands of other software as a service (SaaS) applications.
- Internal resources, such as apps on your corporate network and intranet, along with any cloud apps developed by your own organization.
Microsoft Entra features
- Seamless, highly secure access by connecting users to the applications they need.
- Comprehensive identity protection and enhanced security for identities and access based on user, location, device, data, and application context.
- Thousands of pre-integrated apps for both commercial and custom applications, such as Microsoft 365, Salesforce.com, and Box.
- Ability to manage access at scale.