Support with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Internet Explorer 10
This article introduces the support circumstances for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Internet Explorer 10.
Applies to: Internet Explorer 10, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Original KB number: 2743941
As of Update Rollup 10, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is compatible with Internet Explorer 10 for the desktop in Compatibility Mode.
As of Update Rollup 12, or the December 2012 Service Update, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is compatible with Internet Explorer 10 for the desktop without Compatibility Mode.
In both of the above circumstances, Internet Explorer 10 support is limited to the desktop browser mode, and does not apply to the touch version of the browser.
Update Rollup 10 with Internet Explorer 10 Compatibility Mode
To change the Compatibility Mode of Internet Explorer 10, follow the steps below:
- Right-click the top toolbar within Internet Explorer 10.
- Select to mark Menu Bar.
- Point to Tools and select Compatibility View Settings.
- Here, mark the Display all websites in Compatibility View checkbox or enter the specific CRM URLs under Add this website and select Add.
Known issues that may be encountered when using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with Update Rollup 10 in Internet Explorer 10 for the desktop in Compatibility Mode
The dropdown list doesn't expand if there is only one item in it. For example:
- Sign in to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM web application.
- Select Service and select Service Calendar. Make sure the type is Resource.
- Select the drop down list View.
- Notice that the list items do not expand.