"PC Message Number 1780" error when you try to open the Project Transaction Transfer screen in Microsoft Dynamics SL
This article provides a solution to an error that occurs when you try to open the Project Transaction Transfer (PA.PTT.00) screen in Microsoft Dynamics SL.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011, Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011 Service Pack 1
Original KB number: 2715115
When you try to open the Project Transaction Transfer (PA.PTT.00) screen in Microsoft Dynamics SL, you receive the following error message:
PC Message Number 1780 - This application is currently in use by '%s'.
The Project Transaction Transfer Control Parameter Maintenance record exists because the screen previously closing abnormally. The Control Parameter is used to prevent two users from accessing the screen simultaneously and possibly creating duplicate records
To clear the Control Parameter Maintenance record, follow these steps:
- Verify the user who is listed in the error message doesn't have the screen open. If they do have the screen open, then the message is legitimate. Only one user at a time may use the Project Transaction Transfer screen.
- If the user in the message doesn't have the screen open, open the Control Parameter Maintenance (PA.CNT.00) screen.
- Enter PA for the control type.
- F3 in the control code field and select PAPTT-INUSE.
- Select the first field where you see the username.
- Select the Delete button on the toolbar to remove the control.
- Answer Yes to the message to confirm the delete.