Microsoft Dynamics GP doesn't respond when you select Submit for Approval in the Purchase Order Processing Workflow History window
This article provides a solution to an issue where Microsoft Dynamics GP doesn't respond when you select Submit for Approval in the Purchase Order Processing Workflow History window.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics GP
Original KB number: 952226
When you select Submit for Approval in the PO Workflow window, Microsoft Dynamics GP doesn't respond. No documents are submitted for approval at the Workflow site.
This problem can be caused if the Workflow History wrapper is missing on the Purchase Order Entry window. The Workflow History wrapper may be missing if a form is shared. By default, the Workflow History wrapper is located on the right side of the Purchase Order Entry window.
To resolve this problem, follow one of these methods:
Method 1: Use the Microsoft Dynamics GP form
- On the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Tools, point to Setup, point to System, and then select Alternate/Modified Form and Reports.
- In the ID list, select DEFAULTUSER, and in the Product list, select the appropriate product.
- In the Type list, select Window, and then in the Alternate/Modified Forms and Report List area, expand the Purchasing node.
- Expand the appropriate form, and then select Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Select Save.
Method 2: Edit the Dynamics.exe.config file to use the alternate Purchase Order Entry form
- Locate the Dynamics.exe.config file on the computer. By default, the Dynamics.exe.config file is in the following location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP
- Make a backup of the Dynamics.exe.config file.
- Right-click the Dynamics.exe.config file, select Open With, and then select Notepad.
- Edit the Product ID and the Form ID in the appropriate line.As an example, the following line of a Dynamics.exe.config file shows the placeholder 0 in the productID= area, and the placeholder xxx in the formid= area:
Workflow-POP_PO_Entry/POP_PO_Entry" productId="0" formId="xxx" windowId="1" factoryType="Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Workflow.WorkflowFormFactory,Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Workflow.Client
Microsoft and/or its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the suitability, reliability or accuracy of the information contained in the documents and related graphics published on this website (the "materials") for any purpose. The materials may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Microsoft and/or its suppliers disclaim and exclude all representations, warranties, and conditions whether express, implied or statutory, including but not limited to representations, warranties, or conditions of title, non infringement, satisfactory condition or quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the materials.
Rapid Publishing Disclaimer
Rapid publishing articles provide information directly from within the Microsoft support organization. The information contained herein is created in response to emerging or unique topics, or is intended supplement other knowledge base information.