"No current record" error when you print or preview a report in Access
Original KB number: 888635
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers. This article applies to a Microsoft Office Access database (.mdb and .accdb) and a Microsoft Office Access project (.adp).
You receive a "No current record" error message in Microsoft Access when you try to print or preview a report by using the Print command or the Print Preview command, and then you move between the report pages.
This problem may occur when the following conditions are true:
- Your report is grouped on multiple fields.
- In the Group On group property list, you selected Each Value.
- In the Group Footer group property list, you selected Yes.
- You have calculations in the group footer.
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Change the Group On group property to Interval for one of the field groups.
- Change the Group Footer group property to No for one of the field groups.
- Remove the calculations from the group footer.
To troubleshoot the precise cause of this problem, try each of these methods one at a time until you no longer receive the error message.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to group and how to sort in a report, click Microsoft Office Access Help on the Help menu, type change sorting and grouping levels in the Search for box in the Assistance pane, and then click Start searching to view the topic.