"Error 25004. The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine" when you install Office 2013
When you try to Install Microsoft Office 2013, you receive the following error message:
Microsoft Office encountered an error during setup. Error 25004. The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine. This is most likely due to previous Office 2013 trials being installed. (System error: -1073422308)
This issue occurs when you try to install a Windows Installer (MSI)-based version of Office 2013 on a computer on which the computer manufacturer has already installed a version of Microsoft Office 2013.
To resolve this issue, uninstall the existing version of Microsoft Office. To do this, follow the steps for the version of Windows that you are running.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- In the search box, type Control Panel.
- Tap or click Control Panel, tap or click Programs, and then tap or click Programs and Features.
- Select the Microsoft Office 2013, and then tap or click Uninstall.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
- Select the Microsoft Office 2013, and then click Uninstall.