"Unable to close table; DBMS: 208, dynamics: 0" error when you try to print the Historical Aged Trial Balance report in Microsoft Dynamics GP
The article solves an issue where you can't print the Historical Aged Trial Balance report in Microsoft Dynamics GP or in Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics GP
Original KB number: 850017
When you try to print the Historical Aged Trial Balance report in Microsoft Dynamics GP or in Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains, you receive the following error message:
Unable to close table; DBMS: 208, Dynamics: 0
This problem occurs even after you re-create the reports dictionary (reports.dic) and delete the DEX_LOCK table and the DEX_SESSION table from the tempdb database in SQL Query Analyzer.
Additionally, the following error message may be logged in the Dexsql.log file:
You cannot run SELECT INTO in this database. The DBO would have to run sb_dboption to enable this options.
This problem occurs if the options for the tempdb database properties are set incorrectly.
To resolve this problem, modify the tempdb database properties by following these steps:
- Start SQL Enterprise Manager. To do this, click Start, point to All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server, and then click Enterprise Manager.
- Expand the server that's running Microsoft SQL Server, expand Databases, right-click the tempdb database, and then click Properties.
- Click the Options tab.
- Follow the appropriate step
- In Microsoft SQL Server 7.0, make sure that the Select Into/Bulk Copy check box is selected, and then click OK.
- In Microsoft SQL Server 2000, make sure that Simple is selected in the Model list in the Recovery area. Then, click OK.
- Print the Historical Aged Trial Balance report.
Microsoft and/or its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the suitability, reliability or accuracy of the information contained in the documents and related graphics published on this website (the "materials") for any purpose. The materials may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Microsoft and/or its suppliers disclaim and exclude all representations, warranties, and conditions whether express, implied or statutory, including but not limited to representations, warranties, or conditions of title, non infringement, satisfactory condition or quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the materials.