Error message when you receive a purchase order in Purchase Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics GP: "You can't receive this purchase order line item"
This article provides a solution to an error that occurs when receive a purchase order in Purchase Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics GP
Original KB number: 904050
You may experience the following problem in Microsoft Dynamics GP if you use Encumbrance Management. When you receive a purchase order in Purchase Order Processing, you receive the following error message:
You can't receive this purchase order line item because it is missing information that is required by Encumbrance Management. Make sure the purchase in Purchase Order Entry window has a Required Date and an Inventory account.
This problem occurs because the Inventory Account box and the Required Date box do not contain information for the purchase order line item in the Purchasing Line Item Detail Entry window.
To resolve this problem, enter the appropriate information in the Inventory Account box and in the Required Date box for the purchase order line item. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Transactions, click Purchasing, and then click Purchase Order Entry.
- In the PO Number box, click the lookup button, and then click the purchase order for the receipt that causes the error message.
- Click the line item in the detail section of the window.
- Click the expansion arrow next to Item to open the Purchasing Line Item Detail Entry window.
- Find the Inventory Account box, and then type your inventory account number.
- Find the Required Date box, and then type the date.
- Click Save in the Purchasing Line Item Detail Entry window, and then close the window.
- Click Save in the Purchase Order Entry window, and then close the window.