User doesn't have a service plan adequate for the non-Standard connection error
This article provides a solution to an error that occurs when doing any of these actions on a flow that uses premium connectors.
Applies to: Power Automate
Original KB number: 4552636
You may receive this error when doing any of these actions on a flow that uses premium connectors:
- Importing the flow
- Enabling/disabling the flow
- Saving/Save as on the flow
- Any other permanent modification to the flow
The user does not have a service plan adequate for the non-Standard connection.
This error means a Power Automate license is required for the current user to do the action (a Power Apps, Dynamics 365, or Office 365 license isn't sufficient).
Users who are shared a flow with premium connectors (not belonging to a Per Flow plan) will each need a Per User plan to edit or manually trigger the flow.
If saving/modifying the flow was possible for the same user previously, it's possible that their license has expired.
- Purchase a Per User plan or Per Flow plan for Power Automate
- Instead, you can start a trial for the Per User plan lasting 90 days after which you'll require a paid plan to run/edit flows using premium connectors.
All these options (with more information) are available at Power Automate pricing.