SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED/ Why do I get a Windows Insider Build Error when I am not In the Windows Insider Build?

Nasim Abdul Ahad 20 Reputation points
2025-08-27T04:48:50.1366667+00:00

Hi Microsoft,
When I turn on my laptop, I get this BSOD "Your Windows Insider Build ran into a problem and needs to restart, We are collecting some error info, then we will restart it for you" the normal stuff. But, when I leave the program, I shutdown my laptop and the resolution went back to 800x600 and It said the exact same thing, with the "Windows Insider Program", but in Blue Screen.

Also, The Error code is called "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" and I did some research and most of the results are faulty parts, but for me, I got all parts new when my PC charger broke.

And it has nothing to do with my Windows Version/Build. (Windows 10 Pro 22H2)

Please help me nd Thanks for Understanding.
Sincerely,
Nasim

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Repair and recovery
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-08-27T12:41:20.4633333+00:00

Hi,

Can you tell us what build you're on?

Use WIN+R, type winver for the build #.

To leave the Insider Program you need to

delete this Registry key and the restart.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost

Was this answer helpful?


2 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-08-27T20:39:13.3533333+00:00

    Once you find that Registry Key, you right click

    the folder and choose Delete.

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. CrazyKats 19,760 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-08-27T16:14:58.5166667+00:00

    Spelling error. Sorry

    Your build is up to date.. You may be

    in the Release Preview Channel on Insiders.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.