Find Posted Documents without Incoming Document Records
From the Chart of Accounts and General Ledger Entries pages, you can use a search function to find general ledger entries for posted purchase and sales documents that don't have incoming document records and then centrally link to existing records or create new ones with attached document files.
To find posted documents without incoming document records
- Choose the icon, enter Chart of Accounts, and then choose the related link.
- Select a line for a G/L account for whose general ledger entries you want to see posted purchase and sales documents without incoming document records, and then choose the Posted Documents without Incoming Document action.
- Alternatively, choose the Ledger Entries action.
- On the General Ledger Entries page, choose the Posted Documents without Incoming Documents action.
The Posted Documents without Incoming Document page opens showing posted purchase and sales documents without incoming document records represented by general ledger entries on the G/L account that you opened the page for. The page can show a maximum of 1000 lines. By default, the Date Filter field therefore contains a filter that limits the lines to entries with posting dates from the beginning of the accounting period to the work date.
To connect found documents to existing incoming document records
- On the Posted Documents without Incoming Document page, select the line for a posted document that you want to connect to an existing incoming document record, and then choose the Select Incoming Document action.
- On the Incoming Documents page, select the incoming document record that you want to connect to posted document found, and then choose the OK button.
- On the Posted Documents without Incoming Document page, the selected incoming document record is now connected to the posted document, as you can see in the Incoming Document Files FactBox.
If a relevant incoming document record doesn't exist on the Incoming Documents page, then you can create it. For more information, see Create Incoming Document Records.
See related Microsoft training
Create Incoming Document Records
Use OCR to Turn PDF and Image Files into Electronic Documents
Create Incoming Document Records Directly from Documents and Entries
Work with Business Central
Submit and view feedback for