Coupling and Synchronising Records between Dataverse and Business Central
This topic describes how to couple one or more records in Business Central with records in Dataverse or Dynamics 365 Sales. Coupling records lets you view Dataverse information from Business Central, and vice versa. The coupling also enables you to synchronise data between the records. You can couple existing records, or create and couple new records.
Coupling and synchronising data is available only if your system administrator has created a connection between Business Central and Dataverse or Dynamics 365 Sales. A quick way to check is to open the Customer card and look for the Set Up Coupling action. If the action is available, the apps are connected.
This video shows coupling and synchronising data in the context of an integration with Dynamics 365 Sales.
To couple a record
In Business Central, open the card for the record you want to couple. For example, the Customer or Contact card.
You can also just open the list page and select the record that you want to couple.
Choose the Set Up Coupling action.
Fill in the fields, and then choose OK.
To synchronise a single record
- In Business Central, open the card for the record you want to couple. For example, the Customer or Contact card.
- Choose the Synchronise Now action.
- If a record can be synchronised in one direction, select the option that specifies the direction of data update, and then choose OK.
To synchronise a single record from Dynamics 365 Sales
In Dynamics 365 Sales, open the form for the record you want to couple. For example, the Account card or Contact card form.
Choose the Business Central action in the ribbon to open and couple record automatically.
You can synchronise a single record from Dynamics 365 Sales automatically only when Sync. Only Coupled Records is disabled and the synchronisation direction is set to Bidirectional or From Integration Table on the Integration Table Mapping page for the record. For more information, see Mapping the Tables and Fields to Synchronise.
To couple multiple records using match-based coupling
You can specify the data to synchronise for an entity, such as a customer or contact, by coupling records based on matches. You can refine the matches by making the search case sensitive, and assigning a priority for each match. If no match is found, you can also specify that you want to create the entity in Dataverse. For more information, see Customise the Match-Based Coupling.
The match-based coupling process skips records that are already matched. To include those records when you run match-based coupling, uncouple the records and then try again. To learn more about uncoupling records, go to Uncoupling Records.
- In Business Central, open the list page for the record, such as the Customers or Contacts list pages.
- Choose the Match-Based Coupling action.
- Fill in the fields as necessary. Hover over a field to read a short description.
To synchronise multiple records
- In Business Central, open the list page for the record, such as the Customers or Contacts pages.
- Select the records that you want to synchronise, and then choose the Synchronise Now action.
- If records can be synchronised in one direction, select the option that specifies the direction, and then choose OK.
You can uncouple one or more records from list pages or the Coupled Data Synchronisation Errors page by choosing one or more lines and choosing Delete Coupling. You can also remove all couplings for one or more table mappings on the Integration Table Mappings page.