Record Interactions With Contacts
Setting up your application to record interactions consists of these tasks:
- Setting up interaction templates
- Creating interactions on contacts or segments
- View and manage recorded interactions
Setting up Interaction Templates
Before you can create and record interactions, you must set up interaction templates. When creating interactions, you must specify the interaction templates they are based on. An interaction template is a model that defines the basic characteristics of an interaction. You set up an interaction template on the Interaction Templates page.
After you have entered information about the interaction template, you can create an attachment, for example, a Microsoft Word document. Repeat the steps to set up as many interaction templates as you want.
There are two ways of recording interactions:
- You can manually create interactions that are linked to a single contact or to a segment. For more information, see Create Interactions on Contacts and Segments.
- You can automatically record interactions when you perform actions in the application, for example, when you print an invoice, or quote. For more information, see Automatically Record Interactions with Contacts.
Viewing and Managing Recorded Interactions
You can view all the recorded interactions that have not been deleted on the Interaction Log Entries page. You can open this page by:
- Using the Search for Page or Report icon to search on Interaction Log Entries.
- Choosing the Interaction Log Entries action on a contact or segment. The Interaction Log Entry page contains the interactions you create manually and the interactions that the application records automatically.
In this page, you can:
- View the status of interactions.
- Mark interactions as cancelled.
You can delete interaction log entries that have been cancelled. To delete interaction log entries, choose the icon, enter Delete Cancelled Interaction Log Entries, and then choose the related link, and then fill in the information.
Managing Sales Opportunities
Work with Business Central
Submit and view feedback for