Create Service Quotes
You can think of service quotes as the basis for service orders. In fact, they are almost identical. They both contain information such as who the customer is, the type of order, the item that needs service, billing and shipping information, and information about the actual service work.
You can use a service quote as a preliminary draft for a service order, and then convert the quote to a service order.
To create a service quote
- Choose the icon, enter Service Quotes, and then choose the related link.
- Create a new service quote.
- In the No. field, enter a number for the service quote. Alternatively, if you have set up a number series for service quotes on the Service Mgt. Setup page, you can press Enter to select the next available service quote number.
- In the Customer No. field, select the relevant customer from the list.
The customer fields are filled in automatically with information from the Customer card. If a Customer card does not exist for the customer, and you have set up a customer template, you can create the customer from the service quote. Fill in the relevant fields, and then choose the Create Customer action.
- Depending on the settings on the Mandatory Fields FastTab on the Service Mgt. Setup page, you may need to fill in the Service Order Type field and the Salesperson Code field.
- Fill in the service item lines.
- Register estimated costs on the service lines.