Create a Simple Budget
This template shows how to create a budget to track cost or usage and get notified whenever a specified threshold is met. To learn more about how to deploy the template, see the quickstart article.
Note This feature is only available to enterprise customers. An enterprise subscription is required to create a budget.
For more information, see Budgets - Create Or Update.
Important note about parameters
Before running the script, edit azuredeploy.parameters.json and replace the sample data.
- Budget Name: Name of the budget. It should be unique within the resource group.
- Amount: The total amount of cost or usage to track with the budget. Any decimal value is allowed.
- Time Grain: The time covered by a budget. Tracking of the amount will be reset based on the time grain. Allowed values are: Monthly, Quarterly, Annually.
- Start Date: The start date must be first of the month in
YYYY-MM-DDformat and should be less than the end date. Budget start date must be on or after June 1, 2017. Future start date shouldn't be more than three months. Past start date should be selected within the Time Grain period.
- End Date: Any date after the start date in in
- First Threshold: It's the first threshold value associated with a notification. Notification is sent when the cost exceeded the threshold. It's always percent and has to be between 0.01 and 1000.
- Second Threshold: It's the second threshold value associated with a notification. Notification is sent when the cost exceeded the threshold. It's always percent and has to be between 0.01 and 1000.
- Contact Emails: The list of email addresses to send the budget notification to when the threshold is exceeded. It accepts array of strings.