Create a V2 data factory (PostGre)
This template creates a data factory of version 2 with a pipeline that copies data from a folder in an Azure Blob Storage to a table in an Azure Database for PostgreSQL.
- Azure subscription. If you don't have an Azure subscription, create a free Azure account before you begin.
- Azure storage account. You use Blob storage as a source data store. If you don't have a storage account, see Create an Azure storage account for steps to create one.
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL. You use the database as a sink data store. If you don't have a PostgreSQL database, see Create a PostgreSQL database for steps to create one.
When you deploy this Azure Resource Manager template, a data factory of version 2 is created with the following entities:
- Azure Storage linked service
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL linked service
- Azure Blob input datasets
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL output dataset
- Pipeline with a copy activity
To get the name of the data factory
- Click the Deployment succeeded message.
- Click Go to resource group.
- Search for *datafactory that's created.
The following sections provide steps for running and monitoring the pipeline. For more information, see Quickstart: Create a data factory by using Azure PowerShell.
Run and monitor the pipeline
After you deploy the template, to run and monitor the pipeline, do the following steps:
Download runmonitor.ps1 to a folder on your machine.
Launch Azure PowerShell.
Run the following command to log in to Azure.
Switch to the folder where you copied the script file.
Run the following command to log in to Azure after specifying the names of your Azure resource group and the data factory.
.\runmonitor.ps1 -resourceGroupName "<name of your resource group>" -DataFactoryName "<name of your data factory>"
Tags: Microsoft.DataFactory/factories, linkedservices, AzureStorage, SecureString, AzurePostgreSql, datasets, AzureBlob, string, TextFormat, LinkedServiceReference, AzurePostgreSqlTable, pipelines, Copy, BlobSource, AzurePostgreSqlSink, DatasetReference, Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts, Microsoft.DBforPostgreSQL/servers, firewallRules