Deploy an Azure SignalR service
This template allows you to create an Azure SignalR Service. Azure SignalR Service is an Azure managed service that helps developers build web applications with real-time features. To learn more about how to deploy the template, see the quickstart article.
Good candidates for SignalR
- Apps that require high frequency updates from the server. Examples are gaming, social networks, voting, auction, maps, and GPS apps.
- Dashboards and monitoring apps. Examples include company dashboards, instant sales updates, or travel alerts.
- Collaborative apps. Whiteboard apps and team meeting software are examples of collaborative apps.
- Apps that require notifications. Social networks, email, chat, games, travel alerts, and many other apps use notifications.
Features of SignalR for ASP.NET Core
- Handles connection management automatically.
- Sends messages to all connected clients simultaneously. For example, a chat room.
- Sends messages to specific clients or groups of clients.
- Scales to handle increasing traffic.
- Introduction to ASP.NET Core SignalR
- Integrate Azure SignalR Service with ASP.NET Core Identity
- Build a Serverless Real-time App with Authentication
- For more details about SignalR, see Azure SignalR Service documentation
SignalR also enables completely new types of web applications that require high frequency updates from the server, for example, real-time gaming.
To learn how to build Azure SignalR Service applications, see Microsoft Learn SignalR modules.
Tags: Microsoft.SignalRService/signalR, SystemAssigned