Internet Explorer 11 desktop app support ended for certain versions of Windows 10
On June 15, 2022, the Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) desktop application ended support on Windows 10 Semi-Annual Channels and Windows 10 IoT Semi-Annual Channels*.
Customers are encouraged to move to Microsoft Edge, which provides support for legacy and modern websites and apps. For organizations with a dependency on legacy Internet Explorer-based sites and apps, sites will need to be configured to open in Microsoft Edge using Internet Explorer (IE) mode.
See the following resources for more information:
- Internet Explorer 11 end of support and IE mode announcement
- IE mode website
- IE announcement technical FAQ
- Configure IE mode guided set up experience
- How to set up Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge on-demand webinar
- Microsoft Edge and IE Lifecycle FAQ
- Windows OS support dates
- Internet Explorer supported operating systems
- Microsoft Edge supported operating systems
* This retirement does not affect Windows 10 LTSC or Windows Server IE11 desktop applications. Go here for a list of supported operating systems for Internet Explorer, including versions impacted by this announcement.