Windows 7 follows the Fixed Lifecycle Policy.
This applies to the following editions: Enterprise, Enterprise N, Home Basic, Home Premium, Home Premium N, Professional, Professional for Embedded Systems, Professional N, Starter, Starter N, Ultimate, Ultimate for Embedded Systems, Ultimate N
Support for this product has ended. See migration guidance below.
Support dates are shown in the Pacific Time Zone (PT) - Redmond, WA, USA.
|Listing||Start Date||Mainstream End Date||Extended End Date|
|Version||Start Date||End Date|
|Extended Security Update Year 3*||
|Extended Security Update Year 2*||
|Extended Security Update Year 1*||
|Service Pack 1||
- Extended Security Updates (ESU) are available through specific volume licensing programs for Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, and Professional for Embedded Systems editions of this product, for up to an additional three years past the end of support. Contact your Microsoft partner or account team to learn more.
- Migration guidance
- Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Extended Security Update Program (ESU)
- Service pack policy
Microsoft Edge version 109, releasing the week of January 12, will be the last browser version to support Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Version 109 will be supported until version 110 is released in February 2023, at which time Windows 10 or later will be required to continue using a supported version of Microsoft Edge. Please go here to learn more.
- Enterprise N
- Home Basic
- Home Premium
- Home Premium N
- Professional for Embedded Systems
- Professional N
- Starter N
- Ultimate for Embedded Systems
- Ultimate N