What's new in QnA Maker
Learn what's new in the service. These items may release notes, videos, blog posts, and other types of information. Bookmark this page to keep up-to-date with the service.
The QnA Maker service is being retired on the 31st of March, 2025. A newer version of the question and answering capability is now available as part of Azure AI Language. For question answering capabilities within the Language Service, see question answering. Starting 1st October, 2022 you won’t be able to create new QnA Maker resources. For information on migrating existing QnA Maker knowledge bases to question answering, consult the migration guide.
Learn what's new with QnA Maker.
- Question answering is now generally available as a feature within Azure AI Language.
- Question answering is powered by state-of-the-art transformer models and Turing Natural Language models.
- The erstwhile QnA Maker product will be retired on 31st March 2025, and no new QnA Maker resources will be created beginning 1st October 2022.
- All existing QnA Maker customers are strongly advised to migrate their QnA Maker knowledge bases to Question answering as soon as possible to continue experiencing the best of QnA capabilities offered by Azure.
- QnA Maker managed has been re-introduced as Custom question answering feature in Language resource.
- Custom question answering supports unstructured documents.
- Prebuilt API has been introduced to generate answers for user queries from document text passed via the API.
- New version of QnA Maker launched in free Public Preview. Read more here.
- Simplified resource creation
- End to End region support
- Deep learnt ranking model
- Machine Reading Comprehension for precise answers
ORlogical combination of multiple metadata pairs
- Steps to configure Cognitive Search endpoints to be private, but still accessible to QnA Maker.
- Free Cognitive Search resources are removed after 90 days of inactivity.
- Updated Power Virtual Agent tutorial for faster and easier steps
- TLS 1.2 is now enforced for all HTTP requests to this service. For more information, see Azure AI services security.
- NPM package with GenerateAnswer API
- US Government cloud support for QnA Maker
- Multi-turn feature in GA
- Chit-chat support available in tier-1 languages
- Explicitly setting the language for all knowledge bases in the QnA Maker service.
- Import and export with XLS file format.
- Improved ranker model for French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese
- Support website content extraction
- SharePoint document support from authenticated access
- Active learning provides suggestions for new question alternatives based on real user questions
- Improved natural language processing (NLP) ranker model for English