Migrate your NCv2 series virtual machines by September 6, 2023
We’re happy to announce that we're extending the retirement date by one year to September 6, 2023, for the Azure NCv2-Series virtual machine to give you more time to plan your migration.
As we continue to bring modern and optimized virtual machine instances to Azure using the latest innovations in datacenter technologies, we thoughtfully plan how we retire aging hardware.
We are retiring our NC (v2) GPU VM sizes, powered by NVIDIA Tesla P100 GPUs on 6 September 2023.
How does the NCv2-series migration affect me?
After 6 September 2023, any remaining NCv2 size virtual machines remaining in your subscription will be set to a deallocated state. These virtual machines will be stopped and removed from the host. These virtual machines will no longer be billed in the deallocated state.
What actions should I take?
You need to resize or deallocate your NC virtual machines. We recommend moving your GPU workloads to another GPU Virtual Machine size. Learn more about migrating your workloads to another GPU Accelerated Virtual Machine size.
Help and support
If you have questions, ask community experts in Microsoft Q&A. If you have a support plan and need technical help, create a support request:
- In the Help + support page, select Create a support request. Follow the New support request page instructions. Use the following values:
- For Issue type, select Technical.
- For Service, select My services.
- For Service type, select Virtual Machine running Windows/Linux.
- For Resource, select your VM.
- For Problem type, select Assistance with resizing my VM.
- For Problem subtype, select the option that applies to you.
Follow instructions in the Solutions and Details tabs, as applicable, and then Review + create.
Learn more about migrating your workloads to other GPU Azure Virtual Machine sizes.
If you have questions, contact us through customer support.