Configure conditional decisions in a workflow
Customers using Human Resources, the functionality noted in this article is currently available in both the stand-alone Dynamics 365 Human Resources and the merged Finance infrastructure. Navigation might be different than noted while we make updates. If you need to find a specific page, you can use Search.
Use the following procedure to configure the properties of a conditional decision.
A conditional decision is a point at which a workflow divides into two branches. To configure a conditional decision, in the workflow editor, right-click the conditional decision, and then click Properties to open the Properties form.
Name a decision
Follow these steps to enter a name for a conditional decision.
- In the left pane, click Basic Settings.
- In the Name field, enter a unique name for the conditional decision.
The system determines which branch is used by evaluating the submitted document to determine whether it meets specific conditions.
In the left pane, click Basic Settings.
Click Add condition.
Enter a condition.
Enter additional conditions, if they are required.
To verify that the conditions that you entered are configured correctly, complete the following steps:
- Click Test to open the Test workflow condition form.
- Select a record in the Validate condition area of the form.
- Click Test. The system evaluates the record to determine whether it meets the conditions that you defined.
- Click OK or Cancel to return to the Properties form.