Control notifications in the SharePoint mobile app
By default, SharePoint mobile app users can receive notifications about site activity. The service sends these notifications through the Firebase Cloud Messaging service for Android or the Apple Push Notification service for iOS. As a Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator in Microsoft 365, you can turn off these notifications for all users for compliance purposes. If you allow these notifications, users can select to turn them off.
Currently, notifications are sent for the following activities:
- SharePoint news published (users receive these based on relevancy)
- Page comment (sent to the page author)
- Page comment reply (sent to the page author and the author of the comment that is being replied to)
- Page comment mention (sent to person @ mentioned)
- Page like (sent to the page author)
Other notifications might be added in the future.
Notifications aren't available for the US government environments or Office 365 operated by 21Vianet (China).
Allow or block notifications
Select the Notifications setting for SharePoint.
Select or clear Allow notifications.
You can also control this setting in PowerShell by using Set-SPOTenant -NotificationsInSharePointEnabled.
For info about controlling OneDrive notifications, see Control notifications.
To control whether sharing emails include "At a glance" content, see Set-SPOTenant -IncludeAtAGlanceInShareEmails.