Use the receipt processor component in Power Apps
[This topic is prerelease documentation and is subject to change.]
The AI Builder receipt processor component scans and extracts information from receipts. You can take photos directly within the component or load images that have already taken. The data is recognized and extracted using the properties below.
For more information about canvas apps, see What are canvas apps in Power Apps?
This is a preview feature.
- This is a preview feature.
- Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have restricted functionality. These features are available before an official release so that customers can get early access and provide feedback.
The receipt processor component works best with sales receipts, those commonly used by restaurants, gas stations, and retailers, and others. Both print and handwritten text can be detected.
Only English receipts from the United States are currently supported.
In order to get the best results, provide one clear photo or scan per receipt.
- The image format must be JPEG, PNG, or PDF.
- The file size must be less than 20 MB.
- The image dimensions must be between 50 x 50 pixels and 10,000 x 10,000 pixels.
- PDF dimensions must be at most 17 x 17 inches, which is the equivalent of the legal or A3 paper sizes or smaller.
- For PDF documents, only the first 200 pages are processed.
|MerchantPhone||Merchant phone number|
|PurchasedItems||The list of purchased items
Receipt values are returned as strings. To manipulate them as numbers, you can use the Value function. To manipulate them as dates or times, you can use the DateValue and TimeValue functions. You can also specify the language of the text with a language tag, such as "en-US".
|DetectedFields||Additional information for each of the receipt properties
|DetectedText||The list of all recognized lines of text on the receipt
|OriginalImage||The original image before processing|
|Height||The height of the component|
|ImageDisplayed||Whether the component displays the image or not|
|ShowBoundingBoxes||Whether the component displays the bounding boxes or not|
|Text||The text that appears on the button that activates the receipt processor|
|Visible||Whether the component appears or is hidden|
|Width||The width of the component|
|X||The distance between the left edge of the component and the left edge of the parent container or screen|
|Y||The distance between the top edge of the component and the top edge of the parent container or screen|
Additional design properties are available in the Advanced panel.
These guidelines for the Power Apps button control also apply to the text recognizer component.