[MSDN Redirect]Requirements for Azure AD SAML SSO logins, EMS licenses

SwathiDhanwada-MSFT 18,121 Reputation points

We want to authenticate to an external web portal with SSO, Azure AD based SAML seems logical. We have an "Azure AD Premium P1" subscription. But do we also need EMS licenses for all the users or is it enough to have the Premium P1 subscription and we can just use our regular E3 licences without any EMS licenses?

Source : https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d4077f44-7149-4690-8e3c-4660f374edb7/requirements-for-azure-ad-saml-sso-logins-ems-licenses?forum=windowsazurepurchasing

Microsoft Entra ID
Microsoft Entra ID
A Microsoft Entra identity service that provides identity management and access control capabilities. Replaces Azure Active Directory.
20,092 questions
0 comments No comments
{count} votes

Accepted answer
  1. soumi-MSFT 11,756 Reputation points Microsoft Employee

    @SwathiDhanwada-MSFT ,

    The AAD P1 or P2 license is required while trying to register an app is AAD and using the SSO feature for that app. In case of P1 and P2 license, you would be able to add unlimited SAML based apps in your tenant and utilize the SSO feature available for them.

    Regular E3 licenses wont help here. Its better to have either P1 or P2 license in your tenant.

    Hope this helps. If the above response helped you in answering your query, please do mark the response as "answered" so that it helps others too.

    0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Vincent R Metcalf 6417 1 Reputation point

    A E3 will not work use P1, P2 .

    0 comments No comments