I have checked similar threads, but couldn't find answers to my questions.
I created a subscription in Azure because I needed VMs for a training course I organized during 2 days (20&21 Oct). First I had the free subscription, with like 207€ bonus or something. I thought that this risks that the VMs stop in the middle of the training, so as I was seeing the popup offering to switch to "pay-as-you-go", I chose that subscription. From my past experience, I was expecting a bill of a few hundred dollars/euros, so I was taking a risk of a high bill, but at least I could stop the VMs and the subscription at any time.
Well...I stopped/deallocated the VMs (40 of them, about 26 have been in use) at 8pm CET last night. The bill was more than 1000€. I discovered that running VMs incur costs, so that is my mistake. But they were not accessed before Oct 20th, so only some allocation costs should have appeared in my account.
After like 2h, it went to about 1200€, then a couple of hours later to more than 1400€. Although all VMs were deallocated. What was increasing fast was first the bandwidth use, but also the VMs use, which is mind blowing.
At that moment I managed to read all possible forums and delete absolutely all resources (VMs, groups, disks etc). Under "All resources" I had nothing anymore. I even disabled my subscription (I cannot yet delete it)
Still, the costs were increasing. To 1600, right not to almost 1800. The forecast by end of month also increased from like 2000€ last night to almost 7000€ right now.
At 1600 I managed to find the phone numbers for support, opened a case and managed to raise the Severity to A.
It took already more than 3h, and had to call back twice, they are still investigating and don't know what happens.
- where did my initial 207€ disappear? when switching from free to pay-as-you-go, they are cancelled?
- why I can't see anywhere that my subscription is "pay-as-you-go"? In Cost Management, I see a forecast for the whole month, although the subscription should be immediately cancelled. The guy on the hotline couldn't confirm either the type of subscription I have.
- why were the costs increasing AFTER I deallocated the VMs? I saw that some resources are still in use, but the bandwidth cost and even the VMs costs kept increasing, although there was no activity anymore.
- Why is the bandwidth cost increasing even now, when all resources are deleted and the subscription disabled? It increase steadily at the same crazy pace since last night.
- Can it be that some used resources are calculated later and appear on the bill even after I disabled the subscription? Isn't the cost calculated on the fly? If the answer is yes, then I can expect that even in 1 month they keep calculating the use of some resources that were used until last night and add them to the bill?
I'm almost having a panic attack, I couldn't sleep and I can't relax, thinking that this bill keeps going up, no one can stop this, no one knows why, and it will ruin me for using Azure in 1 training course.
Thank you for your suggestions and answers in advance.