Hi. Thank you for your question and reaching out.
Update the external hard drive driver, please.
- Keep your external hard drive plugged into your computer, then select Properties by performing a right-click on This PC/My Computer.
- Universal USB Serial Bus controllers can be expanded by clicking "device management" in the left pane.
A yellow exclamation point will then appear next to the broken controller. Select "Update driver" or "Update driver software" with a right-click on the device.
- To automatically look for updated driver software, select this option.
Try updating the firmware on an external hard drive as well.
- Check the external hard drive's firmware version.
1.1 Connect your external hard drive to your computer, then select Device Manager by performing a right-click on the Windows icon.
1.2. When you have found and expanded Disk Drivers, right-click on your external hard drive and choose Properties.
1.3. Hardware IDs can be chosen from the Properties drop-down menu by clicking "Details" after that.
The Value box will display the manufacturer and firmware version information.
- Obtain the most recent firmware for your external hard drive.
2.1. Open the support page for the company that made your external hard drive on their website, or look for driver downloads there.
2.2. Select Drivers, Download, or Support.
2.3. After that, search Downloads or Model / Parts ID in Search Knowledgebase using the model number of your external hard drive or hard drive to discover the appropriate one.
If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as answer, thank you.