When setting up multiple Avnet Azure Sphere devices at a factory, you can use the Azure Sphere Device Deployment tool to automate the process. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Prepare the devices: Make sure the devices are fully charged and connected to the internet.
- Install the Azure Sphere Device Deployment tool: Download and install the Azure Sphere Device Deployment tool on a computer that will be used to set up the devices.
- Connect the devices: Connect the devices to the computer using USB cables.
- Run the Azure Sphere Device Deployment tool: Open the Azure Sphere Device Deployment tool and select the option to "Prepare devices for manufacturing."
- Configure the devices: Configure the devices by specifying the tenant and device group that the devices will be associated with. You can also configure other settings such as the device name and device properties.
- Deploy the devices: Once the devices are configured, click the "Deploy" button to deploy the devices. The tool will automatically provision the devices, install the necessary software, and register them with Azure Sphere.
- Verify the devices: Verify that the devices are properly set up by checking the device status in the Azure Sphere portal.
It's important to note that, the Azure Sphere device deployment tool only supports the Windows operating system. Also, it's necessary to have an Azure Sphere tenant and Azure Sphere device groups set up before using this tool.
Additionally, if you want to set up a large number of devices, you can use Azure Sphere device provisioning service to automatically provision devices at scale and register them with your tenant.