Cannot login to Azure Portal - I'm not receiving the verification code sent to my mobile device

Rodolfo Diaz 15 Reputation points

In the web browser I open the Azure Portal ([ and attempt to login.

I can successfully authenticate to my Microsoft account (, but after that I receive a second verification prompt, but I do not see anything in Microsoft Authenticator App.

I got stuck and cannot login.

I see the following message:

  Approve sign in request

  Open your Microsoft Authenticator app and approve the request to sign in​.​

Before, I was able to login to my Azure account. Can you please help me to sign in or unlock my account??

Not Monitored
Not Monitored
Tag not monitored by Microsoft.
35,928 questions
{count} votes

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Marilee Turscak-MSFT 33,801 Reputation points Microsoft Employee

    Hi Rodolfo Diaz ,

    I'm sorry to hear that you are facing this issue and locked out of your tenant.

    Please provide for me the following:

    1. A fiddler trace of the issue when it occurs
    2. The type of device you are using (mobile vs. desktop)
    3. Authenticator logs (Microsoft account>Privacy>Sign in Activity>View my activity)

    The troubleshooting article for two-step verification has recommendations for this issue under the section, I'm not receiving the verification code sent to my mobile device. If you have not already done this, you can try these steps:

    1. Restart your device
    2. Verify that your security information is correct
    3. Make sure you have a device signal, Internet connection, and verify that there are no outages with your service provider.
    4. Disable third-party security apps
    5. If there is an admin on the account who can reset your MFA method, you can leverage their help to turn off the MFA for your account and request for you to re-register for MFA.
    6. Confirm that the Authenticator app is updated to the latest version

    If you have another way to log into that tenant, you can check the MFA logs to see if there might be a mismatch between the client and service (i.e. the latest device token not matching the device token of where the service is sending notifications). If you have had more than one device registered this can often be the case. For instance, I have seen this issue when a user his had a account that was also a guest at a tenant. His phone at was different from the one used in based on the device name, and he was able to sign in again after leaving the tenant

    If you are the only global admin on the tenant and are fully locked out, your only option is to reach out to the Azure Data Protection team: 866-807-5850

    I have also reached out to the product team to confirm whether there might be any known issue that could be causing this. So far I have not seen any bugs reported this week though.


    If the information helped guide you in the right direction, please Accept the answer. This will help us as well as others in the community who might be researching similar information.